Skip to Content

Diplomas and Certificates

We begin mailing out diplomas several weeks after degrees post to transcripts. Please allow two weeks for delivery. The diploma mail out dates can be found on the Academic Calendar. Diplomas will not be issued to students with financial holds.

  • If a hold on your student account prevented us from printing and mailing your diploma has been released, you will need to fill out a Diploma Request Form to receive your diploma.
  • If you have already received your diploma and have a specific issue, fill out a Diploma Concern Form.
  • For any other issues related to diplomas, please email

In certain circumstances, students can expedite the shipping of a diploma View Expedited Diploma Shipping for more information.


Original Diploma

Diplomas are mailed to new graduates through USPS to the diploma address specified during the graduation application process. Diplomas for graduates who did not specify an address in the graduation application are sent to the permanent address on file. Please check the Academic Calendar for mail out dates.

Graduation candidates may correct their address through Texas State Self-Service no later than the Friday before the degree posting date. Check the Academic Calendar for specific dates. The option to update address information is under the 'Personal Information' tab. If any addresses are incorrect or out of date, select the “Delete this Address” checkbox just below the nation field, and re-enter the address. Students who are not able to update their address online may submit a Changes of Address Form.


Duplicate Diploma/Certificate

The charge for each duplicate diploma/certificate is $15.00 and is due when the order is placed. All duplicate diplomas/certificates will have the signature of the current University President and Board of Regent's Chair. To order your duplicate Texas State diploma/certificate please visit our Online Order Form.


Awarding a Posthumous Degree

A Posthumous degree may be awarded for a deceased student with the approval of the dean of the college in which the student was enrolled/majoring. A family member of the deceased may contact the appropriate dean to begin the process of requesting a posthumous degree. More information on this process can be found here.